- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
A good way to stay up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia is to visit our Staff blog. If at any time you get stuck, feel free to write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Have fun!-- Sarah Manley
Hey There![edit source]
Snood GBA Screenshots[edit source]
When I looked at this Wiki's user list, I noticed that you still seem to at least log onto Wikia regularly. That being said, it's a bit sad to see a neglected Wiki that has an active user, so I decided to add what I could to it--basically just a bunch of screenshots from the GBA Snood game. I edit on a wiki that deals with a GBC game, so it wasn't very difficult for me to take and add these images.
The screenshots I uploaded are all in this category, if you want to look over them. A wiki should cover all facets of a given title, and I happened to add what information I could about Snood's GBA game. While I didn't upload all the levels, I don't actually like playing it, and the game could very well have an upwards of 99 levels, so... I stopped at 26.
There's actually a lot of Snood media you could cover--there are several titles other than the GBA game I mentioned, including a sequel to said game, and even a couple on different platforms. In any case, I hope I perhaps boosted somewhat the viability of your wiki. Good luck with it.
Vellup 06:26, February 25, 2011 (UTC)
Strangely, I found out about this place from looking for Youtube videos about Snood, since I used to have a demo of it on my computer when I was little. You apparently left a comment on one of the videos, "I am an administrator of the Snood Wiki on Wikia," and since I edit on Wikia, I thought I'd take a look at it. Goes to show you that little things like that really can gain some attention.
As for Snood itself, I think it's... clever looking, although the fact the blocks you get are random really puts me off about it, because a couple levels, at least on the versions I've played can be made extremely easy or nearly impossible just by a tiny change in what Snoods you get. I also don't think it has anything on Tetris.
Vellup 05:12, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
Hmm, well that's funny how it worked out then. Looks like that guy ultimately ended up benefiting you. Small world.
Vellup 06:05, February 26, 2011 (UTC)